Ok, so at first I was kind of against getting into the Twilight series. I didn't want to be one of those crazy, obsessed fans...plus I just don't have very good patience to wait for things like 2nd, 3rd, and 4th books or movies to come out. BUT, during our marathon trip back home for the holidays I found the Twilight book in the airport and started reading since I had already finished the first book I had brought with me on the trip. Of course I became hooked and obsessively continued to read all four books of the series over the three weeks I was on holiday. Luckily I didn't have to wait for the other books (thanks to Mindy for letting me borrow the last 3 books). Mindy and I were delighted to have someone to talk to about all of the books with and her. We even went to see the movie together on Christmas eve, leaving Sam and Chad home with all the girls. I think it was Mindy's third time seeing it! :) We both really enjoyed the movie, but as with almost any book made into a movie, the book is soooooo much better. I then convinced my youngest sister to start reading the books and I went to the movie with her a second time. Anyway, after getting back to school I kind of forgot about the Twilight stuff for awhile, but the release of the DVD this past weekend has gotten me all excited again!! I did go out and buy the DVD, and Sam watched it with me the next day. Now I am all excited about the books again and can't wait for the next movie, New Moon to come out in November!! This is exactly why I didn't want to get hooked in the first place...I can't stand the wait, but there's nothing I can do about it. I know that the series is not the most intellectual reading, but I just love getting caught up in any good book that can take you away from reality for a few moments. I don't' really have much time of recreational reading these days, so this made reading the books even more enjoyable. I hope some of you are getting just as excited as I am for the next movie and I'll just have to learn to be patient for it's release in November!! Doesn't the movie poster look great!!!

3 comments:
I'm totally addicted as well! I just bought the DVD last night and stayed up watching it. I LOVE IT! I agree the book is much better!
I'm so glad you are addicted...isn't it fun!?
I didn't read the book. But I did see the movie. He is so yummy!
Post a Comment