Monday, September 15, 2008

Look Who's Walking!!



Well, almost anyway...this weekend she just took off walking across our family room! We were totally shocked since she'd never really attempted to take a step before. I guess she decided to give it a try and took off with about 10 steps in a row. She's still pretty unstable and there are some stumbles along the way, but it was pretty exciting. We clap for her and she gets really happy and wants to walk faster towards us.

We also decided to take Aubrey's crib railing down this weekend. There is still the small railing to keep her from completely rolling out of bed, but we figured it was time to try it out. The first night she rolled out onto the floor just shortly after we put her to bed, but we didn't even know she had fallen out. I went into her room to put something away and there she was sleeping on the floor next to the bed in a little ball. I laid her back in bed and she didn't even wake up. I'm not really sure if she realizes that she can get in and out of bed by herself yet though. This is kind of funny since she has learned to get off the the couches and even our bed by sliding backwards and feet first. Soon enough she'll figure it out and we won't be able to keep her in bed!!

5 comments:

Cornums said...

Hey Jill, Thanks for your comment! I'm glad to hear from ya. Aubrey is getting so big, and she is so cute. Tell Sam we said hi. Hope you guys are doing good.

Jen said...

Hi Jill,

I got your blog from Mindy's page. Aubrey is so dang cute! I love her one year pics. We miss you guys. Hope things are going good! Love, Jen

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

She is getting SO big!! I love it! We sure miss you guys!

Miken Harding said...

Hey Jill, it's Miken, Sam's old friend. Tell him hi for me. Your little girl is beautiful. Good luck with school. I found you from Mindy's blog!

landersfamily said...

Aubrey is getting so big! Can you believe our babies are 1! crazy, well i am glad to find you on here, it is a great way to keep in touch