Friday, December 12, 2008

Finished with the Semester!!

YEAH!!! I am so excited to be done with my second semester of grad school. I had one final exam and a presentation yesterday and finished it all up at 7:30pm. The thought of not having to worry about studying every free moment and not having chose between time with Sam and Aubrey and studying alone at the library for the next few weeks is priceless. People have asked me, "You're done, like done with school?" Unfortunately, no and I have awhile left to go, but I think the reason the end of this semester is really so exciting is that we actually get to go back west to visit family and friends. Sam and I keep saying we're going back home and technically it's not our home anymore, but we like to think it is. Plus, we haven't really felt at home out east, but things are getting better.
Anyway, I felt pretty good about all of my exams over the past two weeks and I find out my final grades next week. I've actually really enjoyed the program so far. Pathology is so interesting to me and I am still happy with my decision to take this path in my life. It is kind of exciting and intimidating all at the same time to think that I only have one more semester of classes. Then I'll be put out in the hospital setting to use what I've learned and hone my skills during 6-8 week rotations. By next year at this time I'll be interviewing for jobs...wow and I can't wait!

Just wanted to share a few recent photos. Aubrey enjoys sitting on our little fist aid box in the bathroom. Every time we go in there she finds the box and makes it her little perch. She really likes little chairs or anything she can make into a little chair. I wanted to post this picture to show the sweater that one of my great co-workers from back at CH made for Aubrey before she was born. It is so cute...thanks again Mary Beth!





Aubrey was quicker that Sam and I as we putting a salad I made in the cooler to take to his bosses home at Thanksgiving. She got a hand full of whip cream and Spike wanted some too!

I noticed I hadn't had any photos of our little furry friends for a long time. This is what Maci and Spike do all day. I know they really miss our old yard, but they still seem really happy and we love having them here with us!

Time to wake up!

3 comments:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Congrats on another semester down! Exciting stuff!! We can't wait to see you guys...only one week left! :)

Lauren said...

Isn't it a great feeling? You can relax and enjoy your family for the next few weeks...Send me an email and let me know the dates you will be here so that we can coordinate schedules. Love you guys! Give Maci and Spike kisses from Lola and Titan.

Sally and Jay said...

Jill,
Aubrey's hair is getting so long. I can not get over how dang cute she is. Hey let me know what the plan is re: your flights. I have to work but I think if we ask nicely Jay will be able to get someone to sit with the kids to come and get you. I'll have to run it by him. Keep us posted. Time really has gone fast on this end.... I am sure not so fast on your end huh>? None the less you are getting closer and closer to your goal!!!!! Congrats...and Sam keep up the good Daddy skills!!!! love you and miss you.